Hope you all have had a fantastic 2014 thus far! As we all know, a new year brings about new things! Here’s what you can expect to see more of in 2014:
– Going blonder: Right now, celebrities from Miley Cyrus to Kim Kardashian are the lightest they’ve ever been. Kyle White, Mariah Carey’s hair stylist says, “First, it was in the fashion shows, then on the celebs, and finally the editors were asking me for it-then, they write about it and voila! It’s happening in every hair salon across America.”
– Braids: The braid was big in 2013 and it looks like it is here to stay! Braids were spotted all over the red carpet at the Golden Globes this past week. And we have to say, we’re glad this trend isn’t going anywhere.
– The Bob: It’s timeless and it’s not going anywhere. This classic style can be worn with variety of textures and lengths. If you’re a little hesitant to chop your locks, try the “fauxb” like Taylor Swift did at the Golden Globes recently. You can find a tutorial here.
– Low, side ponytails: Love, love, loved Sandra’s pony at the Globes!
– Center parts: It used to be all about the dramatic side part, however, expect to see center parts making a comeback this year!
– Mermaid waves: The “been at the beach all day” wave is so in right now! Get the look with amika’s clip-free curlers!
– Metallic eye shadow: Pick one that accentuates your skin tone and wear all over your lid for a dramatic effect.
– Bright pops of color: Blue, green, purple, it doesn’t matter! Bright pops of color in makeup were spotted all over the runway for spring fashion!
– Au natural look: In 2014, less is more!
– Orange lipstick: The bright colors aren’t limited to the eyes! The key is finding a shade that will match your skin tone!
– Inky eyeliner: Smudged, inky liner is all the rage this year. It was seen all over the red carpet at the Golden Globes and we loved the smoldering look.
– White eye shadow: Be careful to avoid too much. When applied lightly, it gives a luminous look.
– Graphic prints: Make sure to keep the accessories simple when wearing bold patterns!
– Crop tops: Looks like this trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon!
– Fringe: From skirts to shirts, fringe was swishing all over the runway for spring fashion 2014.
– Sheer: Sheer cutouts were big in 2013 and it looks like they will be just as big in 2014.
– Embellishments: Rhinestones, feathers, jewels, you name it and you can spot it the fashion for this year!
– Wide leg trousers: Pair these with a simple, more form fitting top to complete the look.
We can’t wait to see what else 2014 has to bring! Here’s to a beautiful and fashionable year!